Vegan Zucchini Pasta with Crispy Tofu
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 block (12oz) of extra-firm tofu
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Green onion, thinly sliced to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Press the tofu by placing it between paper towels or a tea towel with a weighted object on top to draw out excess moisture. Press for a minimum of twenty minutes while you prep other ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is heated, add the zucchini noodles and toss to coat in oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the zucchini noodles to be slightly wilted but not overcooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the tofu by roughly tearing into bite size pieces and tossing in onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer with an inch between each piece and bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- While tofu is baking, add the remaining oil to the pan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until soft and translucent. Add garlic, pepper and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Authentica Arrabiata sauce, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer until vegetables are cooked, 8-10 minutes. Add coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Portion out zucchini noodles amongst the plates, top with sauce and tofu. Garnish with green onion and cracked black pepper.