Tuna Pasta Bake
- 200g short pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli crown, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Basil Infused Oil, drained
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp basil, thinly sliced for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13” baking dish with oil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Remove, place in a strainer and run over with cold water until cooled.
- Bring the salted water back to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and green pepper, season with salt and pepper and saute until softened, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Authentica sauce, tuna and cooked broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce with the reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to the baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella and parmesan. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh basil and cracked pepper, to garnish.