This delicious vegan quesadilla recipe is for everyone to enjoy! Loaded with veggies, the best Italian tomato sauce, and served with a simple and delicious guacamole. So much goodness in every bite.
- 2 avocados
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tortillas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the guacamole, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. You want to caramelize the onion without burning it.
- Add red pepper, cumin, chili flakes, and chili powder and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the peppers are softened.
- Move the pepper and onion mixture to the side and add in the chickpeas in the open space. Season with salt and use a fork or potato masher to mash the chickpeas. Once they have broken down, mix with onion pepper mixture.
- Mix in the Authentica Sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat. Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a clean pan.
- Place one tortilla down and top with ¼ of the onion pepper chickpea mixture and top with cilantro. Once it has formed a golden brown crust, fold one side of the quesadilla over and press down firmly to seal.
- Serve with guacamole.