Slow Braised Beef Pot Roast Puttanesca
Impress your family this weekend with our delicious Slow Braised Beef Pot Roast Puttanesca! Hearty, tender, and packed with Italian flavours. This recipe is so perfect for the family dinner.
3 to 4 lb (1½ to 2kg) beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoon olive oil
8 carrots,diced into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
2 stalks celery,½-inch thick sliced
2 cups button mushrooms
2 bay leaves
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup beef stock
1 jar (530ml) Authentica Puttanesca Sauce
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the roast and sear on all sides until brown.
- Scatter the vegetables and add the bay leaves.
- Saute until the onions start to become translucent.
- Add the red wine, beef stock, and the Puttanesca Sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 3 hours, basting every hour with the sauce until the beef is fork-tender.
- Remove the roast, slice, and arrange on a warm serving platter. Garnish with the vegetables. Serve with the sauce.