Puttanesca Pasta Bake
A comforting and flavourful Italian pasta bake in just 20 minutes? Yes please! The star of this recipe is our Puttanesca Sauce which brings out those bold olives and capers.
- 340g Rigatoni or Penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 4 Millionaires anchovy fillets
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 jar (550g) Authentica Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and run under cold water to prevent further cooking. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over med-low heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add garlic, chili flakes and anchovy filets and cook until fragrant. Lightly break up the anchovy with the back of your spoon.
- Add olives, capers and Authentica Puttanesca Sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce with the cup of reserved pasta water. Mix everything to combine and pour into a casserole dish. Top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes. At ten minutes, top with the breadcrumbs.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, black pepper and lemon zest.