- 450g pappardelle or tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Puttanesca Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- Cook pappardelle according to directions on the package. Reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork for about ten minutes or until browned and set aside. Do not clean the pot.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, fennel, carrot, celery, fennel seeds and chili flakes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pork back in with the tomato paste. Cook for five minutes.
- Add the red wine and use a spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for three minutes.
- Add the Authentica Puttanesca sauce and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles directly into the sauce with the reserved pasta water and toss to combine.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.