FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 packet instant yeast (8oz)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 3 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the yeast, sugar and water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the yeast mixture using a large spoon to mix well.
- Once a rough dough has formed, dump dough ingredients onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, roughly five minutes.
- Divide into two balls. Place into 2 separate bowls that have been lightly oiled with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave out at room temperature to rise for an hour and a half. For best results, refrigerate immediately for 12-24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 500F.
- Roll out both balls of dough to form two separate pizzas.
- Lightly oil two baking sheets. Move your pizza crusts to the baking sheets before adding the toppings.
- Put ½ cup of tomato sauce in the middle of each dough and spread evenly, leaving ½ inch empty along the crust.
- Top with grated mozzarella and anchovies.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- Top with basil and a drizzle of olive oil.