Easy Sardine Curry
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 jar (530 ml) Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 curry leaves, *optional
- 3 cans (106g each) Club Des Millionnaires Brisling Sardines in Soya Oil, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, to garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mustard seed, turmeric and fennel and toast until fragrant, 3-4 minutes.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add Authentica Siciliana Sauce, water and curry leaves and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer.
- Add sardines and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and a dollop of yogurt. Serve with a side of rice.