This easy ratatouille recipe is sure to impress at the dinner table! Beautiful colours and aromatic flavours come together in this classic French dish. So much deliciousness and aesthetically pleasing!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, small dice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 Japanese eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup parmesan, grated (optional)
- Fresh oregano, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes into thin coins (1/16 inch thick).
- In a large cast-iron pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, 4 minutes. Add yellow pepper, garlic, chili flakes, dried oregano, and fennel seed and saute until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Add Siciliana Sauce and water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Either arrange vegetables in the cast iron, starting on the outside and working your way in a circle or move the sauce to a casserole dish and arrange the vegetables in that. Make sure to alternate between different vegetables for a beautiful aesthetic.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 40 minutes. Optional: remove foil, top with parmesan and continue to bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano.