Baked Tuna, Ricotta, and Spinach Pinwheels
- 450g pizza dough
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Tuna, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce (*optional), for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 3 minutes.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with artichoke hearts, tuna, ricotta, parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, work the dough out into a large rectangle roughly 2 ft long and ¼ inch thick. Use your hands to gently pull and stretch the dough until it reaches the proper dimensions.
- Spread the spinach and ricotta mixture evenly over the dough so it covers everything except one inch along the length of the top.
- Using your fingers, apply a bit of water along the empty strip of dough at the top to seal. Working carefully, roll the dough lengthwise so it looks like a log. Move slowly and be careful not to rip the dough. Press firmly at the top so it seals.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut the log into 1 inch thick medallions. Arrange the medallions on a large baking sheet that has been lightly dusted with flour.
- Lightly brush each wheel with egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway. Bake until golden brown.
- Serve with Authentica Arrabiata Sauce for dipping.
Showing 0 reviews