Sicilian Chickpeas & Cheese
Creamy Sicilian chickpeas cooked in Authentica Siciliana sauce with prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil, served with a rustic Italian loaf. Healthy and indulgent don’t have to be separate, so make the Authentica choice with this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, torn
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- Crushed chili flakes, if desired
- Toasted crusty Italian bread to serve
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is slightly golden.
- Add the chickpeas and Siciliana sauce and cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- Stir in the cream and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Drape the prosciutto in the skillet and nestle in the torn mozzarella pieces.
- Top with the basil and chili flakes, if using. Enjoy with toast.