Spanish Salmorejo Sardine Soup
- 2 cups day old bread, torn
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large shallots, rough chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 jar (530 ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 soft-boiled egg, roughly chopped
- 1 can (125g) Gold Seal Sardines in Water, torn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup basil, torn
- In a large bowl, cover the day old bread with boiling water. Season with salt. Set aside. Once cooled, squeeze bread of any excess water, reserving the soaking water.
- Using a food processor, puree the shallots, tomatoes, Authentica Sauce, Sherry vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic until very smooth. Slowly pour in ½ cup olive oil while pureeing on high.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of three hours.
- Taste for seasoning and make any necessary adjustments. Garnish with a soft-boiled egg, sardines, a drizzle of olive oil, basil and cracked black pepper.