- 100g spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 leek, white parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata sauce
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup basil, roughly chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions minus two minutes. When done cooking, drain and run under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, break up with a spoon into bite-sized pieces and saute until browned and cooked through, 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the leeks and garlic and cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add to the bowl with the sausage. Clean the skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the sausage and leek mixture, ricotta, 1 cup of the Arrabiata sauce, cooked spaghetti and half of the parmesan to the eggs and mix everything to combine. Season with pepper.
- Melt the butter and remaining olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Using a spatula or pastry brush, swirl the butter and olive oil so it is evenly coating the skillet including the sides.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and use a spatula to even it out. After two minutes, turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook for five minutes or until the bottom has begun to firm up.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 15-17 minutes or until the top is firm and the frittata is cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, warm the rest of the Arrabiata sauce.
- Garnish with basil and the remaining parmesan. Serve with the remaining Arrabiata sauce.