Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli is a classic comforting peasant Italian pasta with beans. This recipe combines it all in our aromatic Puttanesca sauce that’s so flavourful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Puttanesca Sauce
- 85g short pasta of choice
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, heat up the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until soft but not brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in the beans, Puttanesca Sauce, pasta, and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook, stirring and adding more water if needed, until the pasta is al dente or to taste.
- Stir in the kale until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.