Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
After an amazing Thanksgiving dinner with your family, you now face a fridge full of roasted turkey – sound familiar? We’ve all been there, so today we’re introducing a perfect post-Thanksgiving recipe: Turkey Leftovers Soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, half-moon sliced
- 2 stalks celery, medium sliced
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth (homemade is best, if possible)
- 2-3 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- 2 cups packed green or purple kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the chili flakes, garlic, carrot, and celery and stir to combine. Cook until softened, 8 minutes.
- Add in broth and Siciliana sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add turkey and kale. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Season with salt and a generous amount of cracked black pepper. Stir in lemon juice and sage. Serve with grated parmesan.
Substitute turkey with chicken.