Creamy Tuna Tortellini Pasta
- 500g cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana sauce
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Solid White Tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add shallot, garlic and chili flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in sundried tomatoes, olives and tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the Authentica Siciliana sauce, tuna and tortellini and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add in the cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Top with cheddar cheese and cracked black pepper. Serve.