FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 packet instant yeast (8g)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Option to use store bought dough, fresh or frozen
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup Authentica Siciliana Sauce
- 250g low-moisture mozzarella, grated
- 4 cups fresh or frozen spinach, roughly chopped (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper (any colour), thinly sliced
- 200g goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE DOUGH:
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the yeast, sugar and water and set aside to activate for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add dry ingredients to the yeast mixture using a large spoon to mix well.
- Once a rough dough has formed, dump dough ingredients onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, roughly 5 minutes.
- Divide into 2 balls. Place into 2 separate bowls that have been lightly oiled with olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Leave out at room temperature to rise for an hour and a half. For best results, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate immediately to let proof for 12-24 hours. Remove from the fridge an hour before making the pizza.
FOR THE PIZZA:
- Preheat your oven to 500F or as high as it will go.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out both balls of dough to form two separate crusts
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets. Move your pizza crusts to the baking sheets before adding the toppings.
- Put ½ cup of tomato sauce in the middle of each dough and spread evenly, leaving ½ inch empty along the crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly amongst the pizza crusts and top with spinach, red onion and bell pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and crack the eggs onto the pizza, season them with salt and pepper and transfer back to the oven.
- Bake for another 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the crust is a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and finish with goat cheese, green onion and a drizzle of olive oil